- 1 How many CEU hours do you need for cosmetology in Illinois?
- 2 How do I become a CEU provider in Illinois?
- 3 How long do you have to renew your cosmetology license after it expires in Illinois?
- 4 How do I renew my expired cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 5 Do Cosmetology hours expire in Illinois?
- 6 Do you need a cosmetology license to do eyelash extensions in Illinois?
- 7 What is the difference between CEU and Cpdu?
- 8 How many CPDUs is a college course Illinois?
- 9 What counts as professional development in Illinois?
- 10 How much does it cost to renew your cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 11 How do I reactivate my cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 12 How do I reinstate my nursing license in Illinois?
- 13 How much is a cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 14 What can estheticians do in Illinois?
- 15 How do I print my Illinois cosmetology license?
How many CEU hours do you need for cosmetology in Illinois?
Cosmetologists licensed in Illinois are required to complete 14 CEU hours every 2 years to maintain licensure.
How do I become a CEU provider in Illinois?
Complete and submit an Illinois Professional Counselor and Clinical Professional Counselor Continuing Education Sponsor Application. The application which you submit is valid for 3 years from date of receipt.
How long do you have to renew your cosmetology license after it expires in Illinois?
Your cosmetologist license needs to be renewed every two (2) years. In Illinois, cosmetologist licenses are renewed in odd numbered years (e.g. 2015, 2017, 2019, etc.). You do not have to meet the continuing education requirements for your first renewal cycle after license issuance.
How do I renew my expired cosmetology license in Illinois?
1) A person applying for restoration of a license as a cosmetologist that has expired or been on inactive status for less than 5 years shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division and: A) Pay the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100; B)
Do Cosmetology hours expire in Illinois?
Cosmetology instructors, cosmetology clinic teachers and cosmetology licenses expire on September 30 of each even-numbered year. Cosmetology instructors and cosmetology clinic teachers must show a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education from a sponsor registered with the division within the 2-year licensure period.
Do you need a cosmetology license to do eyelash extensions in Illinois?
Due to strict Illinois Laws governing the application of eyelash extensions, a technician must PERSONALLY hold a professional license issued from The Illinois Board of Regulations. The same rules apply for anyone providing lash extension classes.
What is the difference between CEU and Cpdu?
CPDU Workshops include presentation, practice, feedback, case studies, small group work, and technology application. CEU Workshops are based on the national staff development movement to integrate training with in-class performance.
How many CPDUs is a college course Illinois?
A course syllabus, signed contract or agreement or other documentation prepared by the college or university that identifies the certificate holder as the teacher of a particular course. CPDUs: 20 Limitation: The same course may be counted only once in any five-year renewal cycle.
What counts as professional development in Illinois?
PD that counts for the current cycle includes: 1) CPDU credit earned, 2) college coursework, or 3) uniquely-qualifying activities. The amount of PD for renewal remains the same for mid-cycle licensees as when the current cycle began, i.e. 40 CPDUs, 80 CPDUs, or 120 CPDUs which converted to PD Hours on July 1, 2014.
How much does it cost to renew your cosmetology license in Illinois?
Currently, the State of Illinois charges $50 per two-year renewal period. The fee is payable online via Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit/debit cards. How often do I have to renew my Illinois cosmetologist license? Your cosmetologist license needs to be renewed every two (2) years.
How do I reactivate my cosmetology license in Illinois?
If you have additional questions, please contact the IDFPR call center at: 1-800-560-6420. To reinstate an expired license please provide the following: 1. A signed and dated statement (or use the page provided below) indicating that you wish to reinstate your cosmetology license to active status.
How do I reinstate my nursing license in Illinois?
If you wish to have your license reinstated permanently, please email [email protected] illinois.gov and request a reinstatement application. How do I check the status of my application? You will receive an email once your application has been reviewed. Please allow at least a week for processing.
How much is a cosmetology license in Illinois?
b) Licensure fees for cosmetology schools, barber schools, esthetics schools, hair braiding schools or nail technology schools are: 1) License. The fee for a license is $450 plus the cost of inspection ($50).
What can estheticians do in Illinois?
An esthetician provides body and facial treatments, skin analysis and advice, hair removal, and cosmetic application. A licensing fee is required every 2 years to keep the license valid in the state of Illinois.
How do I print my Illinois cosmetology license?
You may go to https://www.idfpr.com/GetMyLicense and send them either a printed or electronic copy of your license.