- 1 What is the highest paying cosmetology job?
- 2 How can I further my cosmetology career?
- 3 What is the salary range for Cosmetology?
- 4 Do cosmetologists make good money?
- 5 What is the laziest job in the world?
- 6 Is cosmetology a good career choice?
- 7 Can you make a living being a cosmetologist?
- 8 What is a degree in cosmetology called?
- 9 Why do cosmetologist wear black?
- 10 What are the pros and cons of being a cosmetologist?
- 11 What is the salary and benefits of a cosmetologist?
- 12 What state pays cosmetologist the most?
- 13 What are the disadvantages of being a cosmetologist?
- 14 Is Beauty School expensive?
- 15 What is the best school for cosmetology?
What is the highest paying cosmetology job?
Highest Paying Career Options in Cosmetology
|Job Title||Median Salary|
|Theatrical and Performance Makeup Artist||$64,250 (2018)*|
|Skincare Specialist||$31,290 (2018)*|
|Beauty Copywriter||$51,221 (copywriters, 2020)**|
|Corporate Trainer||$55,479 (2020)**|
How can I further my cosmetology career?
Ten Outside-the-Box Jobs You Can Pursue With a Cosmetology License
- Fashion Show Stylist.
- Editorial/ Advertising Stylist.
- Platform Artist.
- Celebrity/ Personality Stylist.
- Artistic Director for Salons or Brands.
- Cosmetology Educator/ Instructor.
- Salon Owner or Manager.
- Salon Development Partner.
What is the salary range for Cosmetology?
Cosmetologists earned a median of $26,090 per year ($12.54 per hour) as of 2019. The lower-paid cosmetologists (in the 10th percentile) earned an average annual salary of $18,430, while higher-paid cosmetologists (in the 90th percentile) made an average annual salary of $51,870.
Do cosmetologists make good money?
The most successful cosmetologists earn over $20 per hour. In your first year as a cosmetologist, as is true with most professions, you can’t expect to command a very high salary that you may be able to work your way up to earning.
What is the laziest job in the world?
If You Think You’re Lazy Then These 15 Jobs Are Perfect For You
- Professional foreigner. If you can suit up well and shake hands firmly, then you could get employed in China.
- Professional cuddler.
- Hotel sleep tester.
- Beer taster.
- Video game tester.
- Sleep study participant.
- Movie extra.
- Dog walker.
Is cosmetology a good career choice?
As a licensed cosmetologist, you could have many career opportunities available to you. In fact, you could have many careers in your lifetime! Cosmetologists usually have the freedom to work in whichever industry they love. For a future that could have multiple exciting career options, check out cosmetology.
Can you make a living being a cosmetologist?
The median hourly wage for hairdressers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists was $12.54 as of May 2019. The top 10 percent of earners made more than $24.94 per hour while the lowest 10 percent made less than $8.86. Cosmetologists earned median hourly pay of $12.54 in 2019, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
What is a degree in cosmetology called?
Certificate in Cosmetology. A cosmetology certificate, sometimes called a diploma, introduces students to fundamentals of hair, skin, and nail care, frequently emphasizing one of these areas. Most certificates include at least 1,500 training hours to help students qualify for professional licensure in cosmetology.
Why do cosmetologist wear black?
Many hairstylists opt for black clothing because they’re often handling chemicals such as hair color that will easily stain clothing. When the products are spilled on black clothing, they’re much less visible, giving hairstylists a more clean and professional look even if a mishap were to occur.
What are the pros and cons of being a cosmetologist?
This career has several pros and cons.
- Pro: Personal Interaction.
- Con: Physical Demands.
- Pro: Entrepreneurship Opportunities.
- Con: Wages.
- Pro: Job Satisfaction.
- Con: Licensing Requirements.
What is the salary and benefits of a cosmetologist?
In the United States, a cosmetologist can expect to earn between $7.73 and $16.89 an hour, with a median hourly rate of $9.76, which means half earn more and half earn less. Tips are a large component of hair stylist income, and they may also vary widely.
What state pays cosmetologist the most?
Table 1. Highest-paying States for Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists (2020 Survey)
|Rank||State||Average Salary i|
What are the disadvantages of being a cosmetologist?
Some of the disadvantages of being a cosmetologist are low salary, long hours, and difficult customers. It’s also a job not suited to everyone who wants to work in the beauty industry – for some people, other careers might be a better fit.
Is Beauty School expensive?
Beauty school isn’t cheap, but it tends to be much more affordable than other types of degree paths. Attending an accredited cosmetology school can cost from about $5,000 to $15,000. And programs do get much more expensive, with top programs estimated to cost from $10,000 to $20,000.
What is the best school for cosmetology?
9 Best Cosmetology Programs
- The Aveda Institute (West Chester, OH)
- Paul Mitchell Schools (Orlando, FL)
- Empire Beauty School (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- Pivot Point Academy Beauty School (Chicago, IL)
- The Sassoon Academy (Santa Monica, CA)
- Tricoci University (Bridgeview, IL)
- The Ogle School (Dallas, TX)