- 1 What state pays cosmetologist the most?
- 2 How much does a cosmetologist make in the US?
- 3 Where do cosmetologists make the most money?
- 4 What is the best state for Cosmetology?
- 5 Can you make a living off cosmetology?
- 6 Can a hair stylist make 6 figures?
- 7 How much can a cosmetologist make a year?
- 8 What is the salary and benefits of a cosmetologist?
- 9 What are the benefits of being a cosmetologist?
- 10 Is cosmetology a good career choice?
- 11 What are the pros and cons of cosmetology?
- 12 Who is the highest paid hair stylist?
- 13 What is the best cosmetology school in USA?
- 14 What is the most prestigious cosmetology school?
- 15 What is the best state to live in?
What state pays cosmetologist the most?
Table 1. Highest-paying States for Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists (2020 Survey)
|Rank||State||Average Salary i|
How much does a cosmetologist make in the US?
Cosmetologists in the United States make an average salary of $31,431 per year or $15.11 per hour. In terms of salary range, an entry level cosmetologist salary is roughly $22,000 a year, while the top 10% makes $44,000.
Where do cosmetologists make the most money?
Per the BLS, the top paying states for cosmetologists include:
- Washington, D.C. with an annual mean wage of $43,630.
- Washington, with an annual mean wage of $38,160.
- Hawaii, with an annual mean wage of $38,080.
- New Jersey, with an annual mean wage of $36,960.
- Virginia, with an annual mean wage of $36,060.
What is the best state for Cosmetology?
Wisconsin is the best state in the country for cosmetologist jobs, and Washington has the second-highest median salary in the country.
Can you make a living off cosmetology?
The median hourly wage for hairdressers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists was $12.54 as of May 2019. The top 10 percent of earners made more than $24.94 per hour while the lowest 10 percent made less than $8.86. Cosmetologists earned median hourly pay of $12.54 in 2019, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Can a hair stylist make 6 figures?
You got into the hair stylist game for your own personal reasons. As a stylist, making six – figures is totally doable, but it requires a ton of discipline, lots of hard work (that’s right, harder work than you’re doing now, which seems impossible), and a ton of determination.
How much can a cosmetologist make a year?
Cosmetologists earn an average yearly wage of $29,590 or $14.23 per hour, not including tips, which can add another 15 to 20 percent to base salary. The lowest-paid 10 percent of stylists earn $17,930 per year, and the highest-paid 10 percent make over $49,050.
What is the salary and benefits of a cosmetologist?
In the United States, a cosmetologist can expect to earn between $7.73 and $16.89 an hour, with a median hourly rate of $9.76, which means half earn more and half earn less. Tips are a large component of hair stylist income, and they may also vary widely.
What are the benefits of being a cosmetologist?
The Top 6 Benefits of Cosmetology Careers
- The Working Environment Is A Blast. You certainly won’t be bored on the job.
- You Help Others Look Their Best.
- You Learn a Variety of Skills.
- Stronger Job Security.
- Flexible Work Schedules.
- Your Career Will Take Off Quickly.
- Secure Cosmetology License From Brillare Beauty Institute.
Is cosmetology a good career choice?
As a licensed cosmetologist, you could have many career opportunities available to you. In fact, you could have many careers in your lifetime! Cosmetologists usually have the freedom to work in whichever industry they love. For a future that could have multiple exciting career options, check out cosmetology.
What are the pros and cons of cosmetology?
Pros & Cons of Cosmetology
- Pro: Personal Interaction.
- Con: Physical Demands.
- Pro: Entrepreneurship Opportunities.
- Con: Wages.
- Pro: Job Satisfaction.
- Con: Licensing Requirements.
Who is the highest paid hair stylist?
If you Google Rossano Ferretti’s name, you’ll quickly find that’s he’s widely referred to as “the most luxurious hairdresser in the world.” (Charging $1,500 for a haircut can have that effect, but more on that later.)
What is the best cosmetology school in USA?
9 Best Cosmetology Programs
- The Aveda Institute (West Chester, OH)
- Paul Mitchell Schools (Orlando, FL)
- Empire Beauty School (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
- Pivot Point Academy Beauty School (Chicago, IL)
- The Sassoon Academy (Santa Monica, CA)
- Tricoci University (Bridgeview, IL)
- The Ogle School (Dallas, TX)
What is the most prestigious cosmetology school?
Aveda Institutes The Aveda Institute is one of the most highly-regarded cosmetology schools anywhere.
What is the best state to live in?
Here are the top 10 best states to live in, according to WalletHub’s report.
- New Jersey. Total score: 63.01.
- Massachusetts. Total score: 62.60.
- New York. Total score: 61.63.
- Idaho. Total score: 61.16.
- Minnesota. Total score: 60.97.
- Wisconsin. Total score: 60.94.
- Utah. Total score: 59.84.
- New Hampshire. Total score: 59.59.