- 1 How do I reactivate my cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 2 How many CEU hours do you need for cosmetology in Illinois?
- 3 How do I find my cosmetology license number in Illinois?
- 4 Can you be an esthetician with a cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 5 How long do you have to renew your cosmetology license after it expires in Illinois?
- 6 How do I reinstate my nursing license in Illinois?
- 7 Do Cosmetology hours expire in Illinois?
- 8 Do you need a cosmetology license to do eyelash extensions in Illinois?
- 9 What is a CEU class?
- 10 What is my Illinois driver’s license number?
- 11 How do I find out if a contractor is licensed in Illinois?
- 12 How do I look up my Illinois nursing license number?
- 13 What is the best esthetician school in Illinois?
- 14 How much does esthetician school cost in Illinois?
- 15 Can you work under someone else’s cosmetology license?
How do I reactivate my cosmetology license in Illinois?
1) A person applying for restoration of a license as a cosmetologist that has expired or been on inactive status for less than 5 years shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division and: A) Pay the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100; B)
How many CEU hours do you need for cosmetology in Illinois?
Cosmetologists licensed in Illinois are required to complete 14 CEU hours every 2 years to maintain licensure.
How do I find my cosmetology license number in Illinois?
You can reach the office by calling the Illinois State Board of Cosmetology phone number 800-560-6420 or 888-473-4858. Their fax number is 217-782-7645. You can acccess the Illinois state board online by going to www.idfpr.com.
Can you be an esthetician with a cosmetology license in Illinois?
A cosmetology license, which requires 1,500 hours of training, may allow you to practice as an esthetician in Illinois. In contrast, an esthetician’s license only allows you to work as an esthetician.
How long do you have to renew your cosmetology license after it expires in Illinois?
Your cosmetologist license needs to be renewed every two (2) years. In Illinois, cosmetologist licenses are renewed in odd numbered years (e.g. 2015, 2017, 2019, etc.). You do not have to meet the continuing education requirements for your first renewal cycle after license issuance.
How do I reinstate my nursing license in Illinois?
If you wish to have your license reinstated permanently, please email [email protected] illinois.gov and request a reinstatement application. How do I check the status of my application? You will receive an email once your application has been reviewed. Please allow at least a week for processing.
Do Cosmetology hours expire in Illinois?
Cosmetology instructors, cosmetology clinic teachers and cosmetology licenses expire on September 30 of each even-numbered year. Cosmetology instructors and cosmetology clinic teachers must show a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education from a sponsor registered with the division within the 2-year licensure period.
Do you need a cosmetology license to do eyelash extensions in Illinois?
Due to strict Illinois Laws governing the application of eyelash extensions, a technician must PERSONALLY hold a professional license issued from The Illinois Board of Regulations. The same rules apply for anyone providing lash extension classes.
What is a CEU class?
Continuing education units, or CEUs, are awarded by many education and training providers to signify successful completion of non-credit programs and courses intended to improve the knowledge and skills of working adults.
What is my Illinois driver’s license number?
The Illinois ( IL ) state driver’s license number is a 12-character alphanumeric string that identifies an individual’s driver’s license issued by the US state of Illinois.
How do I find out if a contractor is licensed in Illinois?
The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation provide online public access through its ‘ License Lookup’ to search and verify all Illinois professional license holders.
How do I look up my Illinois nursing license number?
The online Licensee Lookup at https://ilesonline.idfpr. illinois.gov/DFPR/ Lookup /LicenseLookup.aspx is updated daily. Any changes should appear the day after your renewal application has been processed.
What is the best esthetician school in Illinois?
2021 Best Colleges with Esthetician and Skin Care Degrees in Illinois
- Rend Lake College.
- Kishwaukee College.
- Cosmetology & Spa Institute.
- Hair Professionals Academy of Cosmetology – West Dundee.
- G Skin & Beauty Institute – Oakbrook.
- Paul Mitchell the School – Bradley.
- Tricoci University of Beauty Culture – Rockford.
How much does esthetician school cost in Illinois?
Wherever you choose to study in Illinois, the state offers plenty of opportunities to receive a quality education. With an average tuition of only $10,994, we’ve chosen schools that are affordable as well as excellent educational opportunities.
Can you work under someone else’s cosmetology license?
The licensed person providing the supervision must have a license equivalent to or higher than the unlicensed person. Example: An applicant waiting for his/her nail registration could work under the supervision of a licensed cosmetologist, registered full specialist, or registered nail technician.