- 1 How long does it take to get a cosmetology license in Florida?
- 2 How many times can you take cosmetology exam in Florida?
- 3 How much does it cost to take the cosmetology exam in Florida?
- 4 How do you get a cosmetology license in Florida?
- 5 Do cosmetology school hours expire in Florida?
- 6 What is the highest paying cosmetology job?
- 7 What state requires the most cosmetology hours?
- 8 How many hours do you need for cosmetology in Texas?
- 9 How many hours are required to become a facial specialist in Florida?
- 10 Do you need a license to do eyelash extensions in Florida?
- 11 What can I do with a Florida cosmetology license?
- 12 How is cosmetology defined in Florida?
- 13 Can I use my California cosmetology license in Florida?
- 14 Do you need a license to do hair in Florida?
How long does it take to get a cosmetology license in Florida?
The state of Florida requires that cosmetology students successfully complete at least 1200 hours of education. On average, most cosmetology programs at Florida beauty schools take students 9 to 15 months to complete.
How many times can you take cosmetology exam in Florida?
EXAMINATION: Applicants must complete both portions of the examination within a two-year period from the date of the first attempt of either portion of the exam. If both portions of the examination are not passed within a two year period, the applicant will be required to pass both portions of the examination again.
How much does it cost to take the cosmetology exam in Florida?
Once you have received an authorization notice, it’s time to schedule your exams. In Florida, you will need to sit 2 separate exams, both costing $15.75, in order to qualify for a license. These cosmetology exams take place within Pearson Vue examination centers and you are expected to schedule your exams yourself.
How do you get a cosmetology license in Florida?
How to Get a Florida Cosmetology License
- Complete 1,200 cosmetology school program hours. You must be at least 16 years of age or have received a high school diploma to enter a cosmetology program.
- Take the Cosmetology License Examination.
- Complete a 4-hour HIV/AIDS Training Course.
Do cosmetology school hours expire in Florida?
The Board of Cosmetology administers your license after you pass their required exams. However, your education isn’t over yet. You must complete 16 continuing education hours during each two-year renewal period. For specific questions, please contact the Florida Board of Cosmetology directly for more information.
What is the highest paying cosmetology job?
Highest Paying Career Options in Cosmetology
|Job Title||Median Salary|
|Theatrical and Performance Makeup Artist||$64,250 (2018)*|
|Skincare Specialist||$31,290 (2018)*|
|Beauty Copywriter||$51,221 (copywriters, 2020)**|
|Corporate Trainer||$55,479 (2020)**|
What state requires the most cosmetology hours?
States With Licenses
|1||Massachusetts||1000 clock hours|
|2||Kentucky||1800 clock hours|
|3||South Dakota||2100 clock hours|
|4||Nebraska||2100 clock hours|
How many hours do you need for cosmetology in Texas?
The 1,000 hours mandated by the Texas Legislature, along with the technical requirements adopted by the Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation, provides students with the foundational knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully operate as licensed cosmetologists.
How many hours are required to become a facial specialist in Florida?
Florida requires 220 hours of training to become a facial specialist and 400 hours of education for full specialist registration.
Do you need a license to do eyelash extensions in Florida?
In Florida, the state does not require a specific certification for applying eyelash extensions, but it does require someone to obtain a cosmetologist, esthetician, full specialist, facial specialist or medical license.
What can I do with a Florida cosmetology license?
Taking the Next Steps
- Cosmetologists (Hairdressers, Stylists)
- Nail Specialists (Nail Technicians/Manicurists/Pedicurist)
- Facial Specialists (Estheticians)
- Full Specialists (Nail Specialist + Facial Specialist)
How is cosmetology defined in Florida?
See Florida Statutes 477.013. Cosmetology: means the mechanical or chemical treatment of the head, face, and scalp for aesthetic rather than medical purposes, including, but not limited to, hair shampooing, hair cutting, hair arranging, hair coloring, permanent waving, and hair relaxing for compensation.
Can I use my California cosmetology license in Florida?
A Florida cosmetology license is required to perform cosmetology services. If you hold a current, active cosmetology license in another state, you may be eligible for endorsement in Florida. OUT-OF-STATE LICENSES: Applicants must hold a valid license to practice cosmetology in another state.
Do you need a license to do hair in Florida?
Cosmetology Applicants To receive a Florida cosmetology license, applicants must have completed 1,200 school hours and passed a licensing exam. You may forego the additional 200 hours of education and take the Florida cosmetology exam. This option requires you to have held your license for at least one year.