- 1 WHO issues cosmetology licenses in Florida?
- 2 How do I get my cosmetology license in Florida?
- 3 Who makes up the Florida Board of Cosmetology?
- 4 How long does it take to get your cosmetology license in Florida?
- 5 How much does it cost to get a cosmetology license in Florida?
- 6 How many hours are required to become a facial specialist in Florida?
- 7 Can you cut hair in Florida without a license?
- 8 What state requires the most cosmetology hours?
- 9 How many hours do you need for cosmetology in Texas?
- 10 How is cosmetology defined in Florida?
- 11 How do I replace my Florida cosmetology license?
- 12 Can a felon get a cosmetology license in Florida?
- 13 How many times can you take the cosmetology exam in Florida?
- 14 What can I do with a Florida cosmetology license?
- 15 Do you need a license to do eyelash extensions in Florida?
WHO issues cosmetology licenses in Florida?
The Board of Cosmetology administers your license after you pass their required exams. However, your education isn’t over yet. You must complete 16 continuing education hours during each two-year renewal period. For specific questions, please contact the Florida Board of Cosmetology directly for more information.
How do I get my cosmetology license in Florida?
How to Get a Florida Cosmetology License
- Complete 1,200 cosmetology school program hours. You must be at least 16 years of age or have received a high school diploma to enter a cosmetology program.
- Take the Cosmetology License Examination.
- Complete a 4-hour HIV/AIDS Training Course.
Who makes up the Florida Board of Cosmetology?
State Board Members
|Ms. Laurel Candelario||Licensed Cosmetologists||Tampa, Florida|
|Ms. Adrienne Harvey||Licensed Cosmetologists||Bunnell, Florida|
|Ms. Robin Tabano (Chair)||Licensed Cosmetologists||Tallahassee, Florida|
|Ms. Rhonda Griffis (Vice Chair)||Licensed Cosmetologists||Lake Worth, Florida|
How long does it take to get your cosmetology license in Florida?
The state of Florida requires that cosmetology students successfully complete at least 1200 hours of education. On average, most cosmetology programs at Florida beauty schools take students 9 to 15 months to complete.
How much does it cost to get a cosmetology license in Florida?
Upon completing the 1200 cosmetology training hours required for licensure, you must complete and submit an Application for Initial License Based on Florida Education to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, along with the fee of $78 (made payable to the Department of Business and Professional
How many hours are required to become a facial specialist in Florida?
Florida requires 220 hours of training to become a facial specialist and 400 hours of education for full specialist registration.
Can you cut hair in Florida without a license?
In Florida, for example, according to the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, a person may perform any barbering of cosmetology service, including cutting hair, without a license as long as no form of compensation is received.
What state requires the most cosmetology hours?
States With Licenses
|1||Massachusetts||1000 clock hours|
|2||Kentucky||1800 clock hours|
|3||South Dakota||2100 clock hours|
|4||Nebraska||2100 clock hours|
How many hours do you need for cosmetology in Texas?
The 1,000 hours mandated by the Texas Legislature, along with the technical requirements adopted by the Texas Commission of Licensing and Regulation, provides students with the foundational knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully operate as licensed cosmetologists.
How is cosmetology defined in Florida?
See Florida Statutes 477.013. Cosmetology: means the mechanical or chemical treatment of the head, face, and scalp for aesthetic rather than medical purposes, including, but not limited to, hair shampooing, hair cutting, hair arranging, hair coloring, permanent waving, and hair relaxing for compensation.
How do I replace my Florida cosmetology license?
Duplicate license requests must be received in writing by the Department. Submit form DBPR 0090-1 Duplicate License Request along with the appropriate fee (if any) as indicated on the form. Forms and payment should be mailed to DBPR, 2601 Blair Stone Road, Tallahassee, FL 32399.
Can a felon get a cosmetology license in Florida?
The Board of Cosmetology may deny a cosmetology license or specialty registration application based on a person’s criminal background. The board may deny a license or application for any violation of s.
How many times can you take the cosmetology exam in Florida?
EXAMINATION: Applicants must complete both portions of the examination within a two-year period from the date of the first attempt of either portion of the exam. If both portions of the examination are not passed within a two year period, the applicant will be required to pass both portions of the examination again.
What can I do with a Florida cosmetology license?
Taking the Next Steps
- Cosmetologists (Hairdressers, Stylists)
- Nail Specialists (Nail Technicians/Manicurists/Pedicurist)
- Facial Specialists (Estheticians)
- Full Specialists (Nail Specialist + Facial Specialist)
Do you need a license to do eyelash extensions in Florida?
In Florida, the state does not require a specific certification for applying eyelash extensions, but it does require someone to obtain a cosmetologist, esthetician, full specialist, facial specialist or medical license.