- 1 How long do you have to renew your cosmetology license after it expires in Illinois?
- 2 How do I renew my expired cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 3 How do I reinstate my cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 4 How much does it cost to renew your cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 5 Do Cosmetology hours expire in Illinois?
- 6 How many CEU hours do you need for cosmetology in Illinois?
- 7 How do I reinstate my nursing license in Illinois?
- 8 How do I renew my expired nail technician in Illinois?
- 9 What can estheticians do in Illinois?
- 10 How much is a cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 11 Do you need a license to cut hair in Illinois?
- 12 How do I find my cosmetology license number in Illinois?
- 13 How long does it take to finish hair school?
- 14 Do you need a license to do nails in Illinois?
- 15 Does cosmetology include hair?
How long do you have to renew your cosmetology license after it expires in Illinois?
Your cosmetologist license needs to be renewed every two (2) years. In Illinois, cosmetologist licenses are renewed in odd numbered years (e.g. 2015, 2017, 2019, etc.). You do not have to meet the continuing education requirements for your first renewal cycle after license issuance.
How do I renew my expired cosmetology license in Illinois?
1) A person applying for restoration of a license as a cosmetologist that has expired or been on inactive status for less than 5 years shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division and: A) Pay the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100; B)
How do I reinstate my cosmetology license in Illinois?
If you have additional questions, please contact the IDFPR call center at: 1-800-560-6420. To reinstate an expired license please provide the following: 1. A signed and dated statement (or use the page provided below) indicating that you wish to reinstate your cosmetology license to active status.
How much does it cost to renew your cosmetology license in Illinois?
Currently, the State of Illinois charges $50 per two-year renewal period. The fee is payable online via Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit/debit cards. How often do I have to renew my Illinois cosmetologist license? Your cosmetologist license needs to be renewed every two (2) years.
Do Cosmetology hours expire in Illinois?
Cosmetology instructors, cosmetology clinic teachers and cosmetology licenses expire on September 30 of each even-numbered year. Cosmetology instructors and cosmetology clinic teachers must show a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education from a sponsor registered with the division within the 2-year licensure period.
How many CEU hours do you need for cosmetology in Illinois?
Cosmetologists licensed in Illinois are required to complete 14 CEU hours every 2 years to maintain licensure.
How do I reinstate my nursing license in Illinois?
If you wish to have your license reinstated permanently, please email [email protected] illinois.gov and request a reinstatement application. How do I check the status of my application? You will receive an email once your application has been reviewed. Please allow at least a week for processing.
How do I renew my expired nail technician in Illinois?
If your license has been expired for more than five years and you were not employed in another jurisdiction, you must complete a 60-hour refresher course and show proof of completion of the nail technician examination within the last two years or within two years after restoration.
What can estheticians do in Illinois?
An esthetician provides body and facial treatments, skin analysis and advice, hair removal, and cosmetic application. A licensing fee is required every 2 years to keep the license valid in the state of Illinois.
How much is a cosmetology license in Illinois?
b) Licensure fees for cosmetology schools, barber schools, esthetics schools, hair braiding schools or nail technology schools are: 1) License. The fee for a license is $450 plus the cost of inspection ($50).
Do you need a license to cut hair in Illinois?
Under House Bill 5558, anyone could practice “cosmetology, barbering, esthetics, hair braiding or nail technology without a license ” as long as they post a notice that the services are provided by someone unlicensed.
How do I find my cosmetology license number in Illinois?
You can reach the office by calling the Illinois State Board of Cosmetology phone number 800-560-6420 or 888-473-4858.
How long does it take to finish hair school?
Cosmetology school usually requires 40 weeks of classes and 1,600 hours of training. If you study hard, complete your training, pass the state board exam and earn your license, you’ll be ready to snag your dream job at an amazing salon.
Do you need a license to do nails in Illinois?
Like most states, Illinois requires nail technician training and licensure to work legally in this state. If you have a goal to work in nails, then you will need to complete a minimum 350-hour training program, and then go through the initial license application process.
Does cosmetology include hair?
What is Cosmetology? Cosmetology is the art and science beautifying the hair, nails, and skin. Specific disciplines in cosmetology include hairstyling (haircutting and coloring), esthetics (skin care), makeup application, nail care (manicures and pedicures), and other beauty treatments.